In this episode, we welcome Grant Baldwin, Grant is the founder of The Speaker Lab. Back in 2008, he was a broke youth pastor who didn’t really know what he wanted to do in life. Through a few twists and turns, he decided to start a speaking business. He worked hard to build his business and get paid to speak, all while trying to figure things out on his own because there weren’t a ton of great resources out there.
Despite starting his speaking career during a financial crisis in 2008, He has earned over $2 million from 500+ paid engagements all over the world. He has done everything from closed-door workshops to keynotes in front of 13,000 people.
[00:01 - 04:10] Opening Segment
- Introducing Grant to the show!
- Growing up in an entrepreneurial and involved in a church household
[04:11 - 18:00] Generate More Revenue and Build Trust with Investors Through Speaking
- Enjoyed speaking and wanted to do more of it
- Started coaching and training around speaking to help people to do it on a consistent basis
- Speaking is a trust-based business and people do business with people they know
- Having a level of credibility, respect, recognition, and prestige
- Speaking provides opportunities for networking and influence
[18:01 - 32:58] Be the Steakhouse, Not the Buffet
- The Speak Framework:
- Select a problem to solve
- Prepare your message
- Engage your audience
- Activate your call to action
- Keep the conversation going
- Be clear on the solution you are providing and how you are providing it
- Establish yourself as an expert with a website and a demo video
- Reducing risk when speaking on stage can be done by creating a demo video, website, and social proof
[32:59 - 44: 52] Closing Segment
- Grant offers listeners tactical steps to overcome the fear of speaking
- See the links below to connect with Grant!
“The key to a long happy marriage is lower your expectations.” - Grant Baldwin
“The way that you get better-doing anything is to do the thing.” - Grant Baldwin
Connect with Grant through his Website, LinkedIn & Instagram!
Connect with me:
Watch 5T CRE on YouTube
Leave us a review and receive your free ebook
Email us --> email@example.com
5 TALENTS CAPITAL | ABEL PACHECO
If you are ready to start your investment journey with 5 Talents Capital, here are the next steps you should take:
Support the show
- View our informational video and case study at https://5talents.capital/grow-your-wealth/
- After viewing the video follow the prompts which will lead you to a scheduling link to meet one on one with Abel Pacheco.
- Register for our investor portal here investor portal once registered you will be able to review some of our past deals and you will receive alerts for upcoming investment opportunities.